This was quite the experience! I had the pleasure of working with some of the new "Besties" images for Sherri Baldy's last release party. Sherri hosts the release of her newest images on the My Besties designs Facebook page. She has lots of help with these events held twice a month. Ladies who have amazing talent. Here are some of the images I had the pleasure to work on.
Tuesday, June 23, 2015
I enjoyed putting together this project using this cute " Bestie" image from Sherri Baldy. Her images can be downloaded from her Etsy shop; Just click here.
So fun! Skin and Hair can Challenge me but when I am working with these cute images it hard to get too upset when I mess up.
The skin colors I used.
I ended up darkening her hair quite a bit. After I finished her clothing. I used way too much ink. Practice, practice, practice!! In my opinion when coloring hair I do much better when I let the color dry before I move to the next color. They don't get "muddy" or too blended that way.
I was able to use lots of odds and ends with this project. Yeah me!
The notebooks are from Walmart sold in packs of 3. Similar to Moleskine but more economical. The thing is I can only find them when it's Back to School time. So stock up if you find them.
As always, questions and comments are always welcome! I hope you enjoyed this notebook project. I know I will be making a few more to put in my gift closet. Always nice to have a few treasures made in advance for unexpected gift giving.
Thanks for visiting, and until next time,
Monday, June 8, 2015
Happy Tuesday!! This was so fun. I enjoyed doing this project with one of Sherri Baldy's " My Bestie" images. Her name is Captured Fae. When I saw the image I thought about catching Fireflies on summer evenings. Making a cute jar was now on the " To Do" list.
I took pictures as I colored using Copic Markers.
The jar lid was fun. I used the colors in order starting with C0. I practiced a few times before I was happy with the results.
When I did the yellow lighting in the jar I used Y00 lightly on the interior of the jar. I made sure the yellow ink was completely dry before using the colorless blender and pushing some of the color out. This made it look like a yellow glow.
I really hope you enjoyed this sweet project.
Have an amazing Day!